Unless in an emergency there will always be more than one adult with one or more children or young persons whether on or off site. In one to one situations we will ensure that the place or room is easily observed by another adult.
We will observe the following ratios of adults to children:
0-2 years 1 adult to every 3 children
2-3 years 1 adult to every 4 children.
3-7 years 1 adult to every 8 children
7-11 years 1 adult to every 10 children
over 11 years 1 adult to every 15 children
* When transporting one or more children in a car or minibus we will arrange to have a second adult in the vehicle.
* We will not arrange meetings with children or young adults off church
* premises except in the presence of a parent or other adult.
* We will not smack or shake any child or young person in our care.
* We will avoid touching children or young persons in an inappropriate manner
* Casual or occasional visitors will not have access to a child or group activities
* without an adult who is authorized as being responsible for the children's group.
* All persons, as required by the Church in Wales, will complete a Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure. (Church in Wales Code of Good Practice page 22)
* All persons who are working directly with children will complete the CCP/1 form for parish use only (Church in Wales Code of Good Practice page 17)
* We will ensure adequate insurance for both on and off site activities.
* When transporting children in vehicles we will ensure that the vehicle is adequately insured and that the parish is adhering to current DVLC mini bus regulations.
* Children's names addresses and telephone numbers will be recorded and kept in a safe place